Autonomy Potpourri from Around the Web
I'm a bit of a news junkie; I start my day by reviewing the 200 or so blogs I follow on a regular basis. When I come across an item related to autonomy, I'll collect it into what I call a potpourri post. Some minor commentary follows.
- [CNET] How Waymo is defining the UI of autonomy
- Interesting to see so many user experience/UX people working on this problem.
- [CMU] Algorithms applied to brain images to ID suicidal thoughts
- [Engadget] Sony's Aibo robotic pet returns!
- [Carscoops] Lexus to roll out Level 4 autonomy in 2020
- NHTSA defines vehicle autonomy on a scale of 0 (no automation) to 5 (full automation). The highest level you can buy today is level 3. I'm not crazy about this scheme to define autonomy; I'll discuss why in a later post.
- [Carscoops] Musk Says Tesla Cars Will Automatically Take Passengers To Their Destinations